Battle Hall Architecture & Planning Library
Battle Hall, the library at the University of Texas School of Architecture, is one of the most architecturally significant buildings on campus. Designed by the renowned architect Cass Gilbert, the 1910 modified Spanish Renaissance building set the style for what became the signature architectural motif of the campus. It is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is recognized as one of America’s Top 150 Works of Architecture by the American Institute of Architects.
After a century of daily use, Battle Hall is slated for careful preservation and updating. The School of Architecture initiated a fundraising campaign to restore this beautiful building and commissioned Dyal Branding & Graphics, a Page Company, to design a fundraising brochure that celebrates Battle Hall and highlights its great influence on the university, the community, and national architecture.