Giving Back to the Community: Art Chavez Chairs the East End Foundation
Principal Art Chavez, who grew up in the East End of Houston, is giving back to his community through his role as Chairman of the East End Foundation for the Greater East End District. Recently he was interviewed along the Navigation Esplanade as part of East End’s application to become a Texas Commission of the Arts: Cultural District. Art spoke about his history with the East End and shared his thoughts on the importance of the changes occurring in the district as well as art and culture’s role in creating a community.
The Foundation encourages cultural and educational development in the District, which is currently undertaking a number of initiatives to enhance the community and improve its infrastructure and amenities.
“This gives me a strong sense of continuity,” Art says, “because the East End includes the neighborhood where I was born and my family still lives.”
- Architects From Across The Globe To Gather In Toronto
- UH Garage + Studios Going Up
- Overview: Buffalo Bayou Park Updates
- Masonry and the Patient Experience in Healthcare Facilities
- Learning Through Piñata Designs
- Celebrating Community Healthcare Support with Houston Methodist
- Multiplying The Power of One