Fighting Hunger One Lunch Bag at a Time
Recently several Pagers - and one very helpful spouse - enthusiastically donned hairnets and gloves to help Kids’ Meals pack hundreds of paper bags with healthy snacks and lunches for delivery to thousands of Houston’s hungriest preschool-aged children. Harris County has the second highest rate of child food insecurity in the United States, which means that every day almost 89,000 children, or one quarter of all preschool aged children in Houston, have limited access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food.
Kids' Meals is the only program in the U.S. which delivers meals every week, Monday through Friday, to children five and under who are living in poverty. Each weekday morning the non-profit’s staff works with volunteers to prepare thousands of lunches which are delivered that day to needy children at their homes.
We are so honored to help Kids’ Meals fulfill its important mission in our community.
- New Women, Children's Hospital to Serve Austin
- Pediatric Behavioral Health Design Thinking
- Design Philosophy: The Caring, Conducive Children’s Hospital
- Taking Preventive Wellness Down to the Next Level
- Topping Out of New Pediatric Orthopedic Institute
- Two Children's Hospitals Recognized by Leapfrog Group
- COVID-19 Managed at Special Isolation Unit