Case Study: Creating an Energy Efficient, Intelligent Building in Finland
The Innovation Center is a newly rehabilitated office building located on the historic campus of the US Embassy to Finland in Helsinki. Built in 1915 as an apartment building, but long ago converted to an office building, by 2010 the facility was in dire need of life safety, accessibility, and security upgrades. This unassuming five-story building has been transformed into a model of intelligent energy management and efficiency.
Click on The Innovation Center on the right hand side of the page to read more about how, without jeopardizing the historic character of the original building, the updated design strikes a balance of new functions with sustainable responses to energy, natural resources, and materials.
Marquisha Powell, LEED AP
- Masonry and the Patient Experience in Healthcare Facilities
- Celebrating The Newest Houston Methodist Hospital In The Woodlands
- US Embassies Take the LEED
- Topping Out At Houston Methodist - The Woodlands
- Data Center / Mission Critical Experience
- Austin VA Clinic: Role in Veterans' Mental Health in Texas
- First, dig your moat: Designing buildings for America’s diplomats is getting ever trickier