Bexar Metro 9-1-1 Regional Operations Center Groundbreaking
Principal Jonathan Sylvie attended the groundbreaking ceremony of the Bexar Metro 9-1-1 Regional Operations Center (ROC) to represent Page, along with project team members. The Bexar Metro 9-1-1 ROC will serve Bexar County, Comal County and Guadalupe County. The 79,000 SF facility will provide emergency operations, a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), and administrative functions, along with serving as a backup sites for the San Antonio Fire Department and Police Department.
The $39 million project includes two Tier III+ data centers and a 13,878 SF PSAP operations floor with 104 consoles. The facility is designed to provide uninterrupted 9-1-1 services during various emergencies, including terrorist attacks and natural disasters. Additional features include an on-site helipad for access by officials if area roadways are closed or congested and staging for media during a public emergency.
The building is constructed to withstand an EF3 tornado strike and operate without any public utilities for an extended period of time. There is also dedicated space for call takers to de-stress. To paraphrase Bexar Metro 9-1-1 Network District Chairman James Hasslocher, the mission of the facility is to provide that emergency response when a caller is quite possibly going through the worst experience of their life.
You can view a video of the groundbreaking here.
- Luis Alvarez
- Will Ambrico
- John Gross III
- Alan Lampert
- Freddy Padilla
- Jason Palmer
- Talmadge Smith
- Priyadharsini (Priya) Shivalingarajalingam
- Ben Stevens
- Jonathan Sylvie
- Brenda Umanzor
- Collin College's New Wylie Campus Breaks Ground
- City of Buda Municipal Complex Celebrates Opening of Public Safety Building
- Fountain Place Residences Marks Its First Concrete Pour
- Texas Capitol Complex Breaks Ground
- Touring A Page Project: New Metro Regional Operations Center
- Multifamily Housing Breaks Ground
- Education Building at ACC Round Rock Breaks Ground